Pet Travel

Are you ready to travel with your pet?

The staff at Nanuet Animal Hospital can help you get ready!

We strongly advise that you are well-informed, have the required documentation, prescriptions, and flight details before traveling with your pet.

In order to confirm that your dogs are in sufficient health to travel without risk and that there are no infectious or local diseases identified, several states and airlines require a domestic health certificate. Due to the fact that every airline has its own set of requirements, you need do more research on the specific regulations that will apply to your situation. Nanuet Animal Hospital is ready to give its clients legitimate health certificates following a standard check.

If you’re leaving the country, you’ll probably need specific USDA or EU documentation or a rabies titer test. Frequently, within 10 days of departure, these special forms must be printed up and stamped at the local USDA office.

As a veterinarian facility with USDA accreditation, Nanuet Animal Hospital could be able to provide the travel documents needed for international travel.

To get started, click here and then enter the country you want to visit. If you’re traveling within the US, you can enter the state where you’re going below on the page. A list of all the paperwork you need to have in order to bring your pet into that country or state is displayed when you select “View Requirements.”

  • For Hawaii’s specific requirements, click here.
  • Other state/territory requirements, click here.

Please contact the state USDA Office before your trip to learn the most updated details about the requirements for transporting your pet into a certain country. Click here to read more about what to expect before you travel. For a list of nation-specific requirements, see here.

NOTE: It is essential that you finish this well before your travel because there are restrictions in some countries that call for extensive planning and preparation.